SUT-US ISFOG Travel Grants
The Society for Underwater Technology in the U.S. (SUT-US) and the International Symposium on Frontiers in Offshore Geotechnics (ISFOG) are excited to announce the call for scholarships to a $5,000 fund for student travel grants to participate in ISFOG 2020 to take place on August 16-19, 2020 in Austin, Texas.
SUT-US ISFOG will offer 10 travel grants worth $500 each to undergraduate and graduate students from national and international institutions that meet the following requirements:
- Are enrolled as full-time students
- A paper or poster submission and presentation will be given special consideration in the selection process.
The recipient of an SUT-US ISFOG scholarship award will be selected on the basis of the following criteria:
- Provide a 500 word application statement describing your merits and why you should receive a SUT-US ISFOG travel grant to attend the conference.
- Recommendations - Each applicant must submit 1 typewritten letter of recommendation from its faculty advisor. Recommendations must be emailed to email@example.com by December 13, 2019. Any application or recommendations emailed after this date will not be considered.
- Official transcript - Electronic transcript must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 13, 2019
Administration of the Scholarship Program
- General – The SUT-US ISFOG will act as the Scholarship Program Committee and will be responsible for selecting the recipients of the awards. SUT-US office shall serve as the custodian and disbursing agency for the scholarship funds and will be responsible for handling the administrative details of the program.
- Publicity – The Scholarship Award Program will be publicized via the SUT-US website, and through colleges and universities.
- Submittal of Applications – The completed application (including application form, proof of paper submittal to ISFOG 2020, recommendation letter, official transcript, etc.) must be emailed to email@example.com by December 13, 2019. It is the responsibility of the applicant to have a completed application package emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline date.
- Selection of Award Recipient – The decision of the SUT-US ISFOG Scholarship Program Committee is considered to be final and all candidates will be advised of the outcome by January 20 , 2020.
- Disbursement of the Scholarship Award – Disbursement of the scholarship award in the case of national students, shall be made in the form of a check in the name of the recipient and sent to the address provided by the recipient’s application. Awards granted to international students will be disbursed as an electronic transfer to the recipient’s bank information provided on its corresponding application. Awards will be made in one full payment.
Calendar of the SUT-US ISFGO Scholarship Program
Call for Scholarship Applications - September 20, 2019
Deadline to submit scholarship applications – December 13, 2019
Deadline for review for scholarship applications – January 20, 2020
Publications of scholarship recipients – January 25, 2019