Statement on Discrimination and Sexual Harassment
SUT US pronouncement on sexual harassment and discrimination states the below:
“SUT- US urges all of its members to educate themselves on the issues surrounding discrimination and sexual harassment in any work place, and take individual and collective actions to identify, prevent, and combat instances of discrimination and sexual harassment where ever they find it.
These steps may include:
- Clearly explaining to all members prior to engaging in a SUT related activity, including, but not limited to students, faculty, employees, and staff, the expectations and policy governing discrimination and sexual harassment.
- Adopting a policy to formally and informally address and confirm allegations of discrimination and sexual harassment and inappropriate behaviors in work and educational environments.
- Consciously setting a standard and expectation of appropriate behavior in oneself and in others regardless of the setting or situation.
- Proactively addressing any instances of potential discrimination and sexual harassment – whether directed at oneself or another individual.
- SUT-US seeks to be a diverse and welcoming society to all of our members.
- SUT-US will not tolerate discrimination against any member based on race, color, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or any other criteria.
- SUT-US is an anti-discriminatory society who expects its members to treat one another with respect and dignity.
- Any member who feels they have been the victim of discrimination or sexual harassment at an SUT sponsored event may inform the SUT-US Chair, or another member of the SUT Executive Board without fear of retaliation.”
Become a SUT Member
Upcoming Events 2023
|Oct 4, Wed||The Role of Geoscience in support of Offshore Wind Project Developments|
|Oct 5, Thu||SUT-US Networking Event|
|Oct 17, Tue||SPE Energy Professionals Hiring Event|
|Oct 19, Thu||Champagne & Conversation|
|Oct 24, Tue||AAPL Women in Energy Institute|
|Oct 30, Mon||2nd Annual Online Engineering Competition|
|Nov 2, Thu||Geoscience and engineering challenges for floating offshore wind|
|Nov 2, Thu||SUT-US Networking Event|
|Dec 8, Fri||SUT-US X-Mas Networking Event|
Upcoming Events 2024
|Mar 25 - 28||Subsea Awareness Course|
Membership available for students, individuals and corporations